David Williamson is without a doubt one of the greatest magicians in the world. His technical ability is incredible but it is his fearless comedy that sets him apart from the crowd. It was interesting for me then to hear that he was essentially a shy, self confessed “magic geek” when he started out.
So many of my generation of magicians cite David as one of their major influences and he continues to inspire, amaze and occasionally shock the magic world.
In this interview which lasts 50 minutes David talks about magic, comedy and taking risks. (There was a slight delay problem in places.)
The Dave Williamson Secrets:
- Take risks and be prepared to fail.
- Work with the tools available to you.
- Know your skill sets.
- Be SO GOOD you can’t be ignored.
So I’ve done my bit now all you have to do is:
- Leave your comments and feedback in the comments section. What did you get from the interview? Any secrets I missed?
- If you like what I’m trying to do with this site then spread the word on Twitter, Facebook, (hit the LIKE button), or anywhere you can.
- Subscribe to the site via the subscription box on the home page. The bigger the crowd the more likely people will say yes to being interviewed.
- Now you can subscribe to the audio version of the interviews on iTunes.